Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 per annum, negotiable
Hours of work: Permanent, full-time
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role
- Experience of using online auction platforms (ie ebay)
- Good negotiation skills
- Confident with quick decision making
Are you looking to start your new career with an innovative company, with room for progression and personal growth? With generous flexible working hours available, you will work within our Purchasing Team, sourcing stock from across the globe, interacting with new and existing clients worldwide and using negotiation and decision making skill to help continue with the extraordinary growth of the company.
Company growth has accelerated by over 500% in the last 5 years. We have won numerous business awards, been featured in various articles and appeared on BBC and Sky News.
Your new role
As a Purchasing Assistant, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Managing supplier relations & identifying potential new suppliers.
- Procurement of new stock & replenishing current lines
- Dealing with enquiries from the sales department, and assisting with export and import-related issues
- Contacting suppliers for product availability, lead times and prices
- Using negotiation and decision making skills to source the best quality products with the best prices and lead times
- Generating offers based on customer supplied information
- Issuing and expediting purchase orders
- Sourcing specific parts for customers require based on the customers' specific requirements
- Acting as an assistant buyer to the purchasing manager assisting with the acquisition of useful and relevant stock
- Liaising with other departments on a daily basis including Engineering Sales Team Warehouse and Accounts
- Working in a High pressure fast paced environment making quick decisions
- Pricing stock using market trends and available information.
Working at Northern Industrial
As a family run business, we firmly believe our success is down to the passion, hard work and dedication of our staff. That is why we offer:
- Private medical insurance for you and your family
- Flexible working hours so you can tailor your hours around your commitments
- Regular training to maximise your potential
- Sociable atmosphere with regular events including summer BBQs, pizza Friday, indoor golf, Scare Kingdom, cricket trips and more
To apply, please email your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com.